Sunday, October 31, 2010

How does he love me? Let me count the ways...

Chuck Loves Gwendolyn

Halloween 2010

Part of Vika's family of pumpkins...  There are at least three more upstairs!

Vika and Diana, 2010, Flash Photo

My husband has left me.  He had to go to California on business.




On the afternoon of All Hallow's Eve.




Not good.  Really not good when you have our children, who love holidays, hate change, hate it when one of us is not at home, and usually cannot manage the stress of exciting events, like Trick-or-Treating.


*     *     *     *     *     *     *     *     *     *
But he loves me.

He left me a clean house.

To understand how clean it is now, please look first at photos I took last week for a project I'm pursuing.

Laundry room:  BEFORE
Kitchen:  BEFORE
Kitchen:  BEFORE
Kitchen:  BEFORE

The kitchen:  all the horizontal surfaces are clear!

The laundry:  all the laundry is done, and most is folded and put away.


The library:  he had been culling the stuff in the bookshelves, and has thrown away about 90% of the paper and instructional materials in the worst set of shelves.

The living room:  he went out yesterday and got me a floor lamp that I wanted, not really his style, and also two matching table lamps.  And he didn't fuss about it at all.

Diana's room:  he did an extensive pre-sort of clothing that we have had in storage for the kids.  Sorting by size and suitability.

These are all riches that exceed in value any diamond, any fur, any luxurious vacation (except maybe going to Antarctica...) I can imagine!

This is love, and I recognize it and thank him!

No comments: